Services for Families
This non-confrontational strategy was developed at the University of New Mexico by Jane Smith, PhD, and Robert Meyers, PhD.
The program has three primary goals:
1. Reduce substance misuse
2. Infuence the substance abusing family member to enter treatment
3. Help the family make positive life changes
Essential programatic elements:
- Enhancement of motivation for change.
- Development of communication skills
- Strategic reinforcement training
- Helping the family regain balance and interpersonal health